Using the GemFire XD ADO.NET Client
The GemFire XD 1.4.1 ADO.NET driver provides a native wire protocol data provider for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. The ADO.NET client supports development with Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2012. You can use the client to add GemFire XD databases as data sources to the Server Explorer list in Visual Studio, to design queries with the Query Builder, and so forth.
Installing the ADO.NET Client Software
- Download and unzip the Pivotal GemFire XD ODBC Distribution 1.4.1.
- Review the "readme" file and the installation guide to familiarize yourself
with the ADO.NET driver software and installation process:
- The path_to_install_location\Pivotal_GemFireXD_XX_bNNNNN_ODBC\adonet\dotnetreadme.txt describes limitations with the current release of the ADO.NET driver, and provides a summary of the installed files and folders.
- The path_to_install_location\Pivotal_GemFireXD_XX_bNNNNN_ODBC\adonet\Docs\dotnetig.pdf file contains complete documentation for installing the ADO.NET driver.
- Execute the path_to_install_location\Pivotal_GemFireXD_XX_bNNNNN_ODBC\adonet\Setup.exe application to install the software. Refer to the installation guide for further instructions.
Configuring and Using the ADO.NET Client
|Start Menu Item||Description|
|Start > All Programs > Pivotal GemFire XD for ADO.NET 4.2 > ADO.NET client for GemFire XD Help||An interactive help system that provides references information for all objects in the Pivotal.GemFireXD namespace.|
|Start > All Programs > Pivotal GemFire XD for ADO.NET 4.2 > ADO.NET client for GemFire XD Online Books||Provides detailed information about configuring the ADO.NET client software and using the client with Visual Studio.|
|Start > All Programs > Pivotal GemFire XD for ADO.NET 4.2 > ADO.NET client for GemFire Readme||Provides a summary of the installed files and folders, and describes any limitations associated with the current release of the ADO.NET Driver.|