This topic lists the known limitations with using the GemFire XD ODBC
The following are limitations and known issues with the GemFire XD ODBC driver:
- Descriptors are not supported by the GemFire XD ODBC driver. Descriptors refer to data
structures that hold information about either columns or dynamic parameters. For more
information on descriptors, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms716339(v=vs.85).aspx
- Asynchronous execution is not supported. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh405040(v=vs.85).aspx
for more information on asynchronous execution.
- The SQLBrowseConnect API for creating ODBC connections is not
- The SQLCancel API is not supported. SQLCancel API is
implemented in the ODBC driver, however GemFire XD does not currently support this API.
Calling SQLCancel API to cancel the processing on a statement will not cancel the
- SQL_ATTR_USE_BOOKMARKS which are used in the
SQLFetchScroll and SQLBulkOperation APIs is not
- SQLSetPos API has limited support and the
SQL_REFRESH, SQL_UPDATE, and
SQL_DELETE operations are not supported. Only the
SQL_POSITION operation is supported.
- With the SQLSetPos API, only the SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE
lock type is supported.
- The SQLDriverConnect API does not support
SQL_DRIVER_PROMPT DriverCompletion flag.
- Arguments to the catalog API must be provided in upper case.