Use GemFire XD.NET Designer to create, modify and delete connections to GemFire XD
Before you follow this procedure:
To connect to a GemFire XD system:
- Start Visual Studio 2010.
View > Server Explorer to open the Server Explorer window.
- Right-click the
Data Connections node and choose
Add Connection.... to display the Add Connection dialog.
- On the Add Connection window:
- Click Change... to change the data source.
- Click <other> in the Data source: list.
- Select .NET Framework Data Provider for GemFire XD from the Data provider
- Click OK to select the provider. The GemFire XD provider is now selected in the
Connection Properties dialog:
- In the Server field, enter the address and port number (separated by a column) of
the GemFire XD locator or server to use for connecting to the
distributed system. For example, the above screenshot shows a
connection to localhost:1527. Click Test Connection to verify
that you can connect, then click OK to dismiss the test
connection and Add Connection dialog boxes.
A GemFire XD node is
added to the Data Connections node. You can expand the
node and its contents to browse the tables and views in the
The connection settings are saved for future use. You can use the
saved connection to design or edit tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys,
constraints, views, and triggers.