Changes the password of an existing non-system BUILTIN user.
IN USER_ID VARCHAR(128)
IN OLDPASSWORD VARCHAR(128)
IN NEWPASSWORD VARCHAR(128)
- The name of the existing user. See SYS.SHOW_USERS. Note
that built-in system users are defined when you boot GemFire XD members, and
you cannot change those passwords except by restarting members; see Changing a System User Password.
- The existing password of the specified USER_ID, or a null or empty string
for the old password (if an Admin user is changing the password of another
- A user can change their own password by providing the correct, old password.
Admin users can change any password by providing null or an empty string for
the old password. If a non-empty value is provided, then it must match the
- The ability to change other users' passwords is enabled for the database owner by default.
Other users can be explicitly GRANTed EXECUTE permission on the procedure.
However, this works only when gemfirexd.sql-authorization is true.
- The new password to assign to the user.
Change the password of a specified user:
gfxd> call sys.change_password('SIMON','oldpasword','newpassword');
Change the password of a specified user, using the database owner account:
gfxd> call sys.change_password('SIMON',null,'newpassword');